Console Login Fails with "Error during connection with the security services"
This issue appears when you attempt to log into the EAM Console.
This message can appear for several reasons
The EAM Controller does not have connectivity to the Active Directory server.
- Confirm that the EAM Controller can communicate with the AD server. For example, confirm that you can ping the AD server.
- On the AD server, review the properties of the account. Re-enable the account.
The password for the primary administrator account for the EAM Controller has changed or the account is disabled.
Resolution 2Perform the following steps to update the password in the EAM Controller:
- Log in with a domain administrator account.
- From the EAM installation package navigate to the ..\EAM-v10.X\EAM.x64\TOOLS\WGSRVConfig directory.
- Double-click WGSRVConfig.exe.
- On the User Account Control window, click Yes.
- On the Controller Configuration select, select
Configure security settings, as shown the
following figure. Figure 1. Configure Security Settings option
- On the Directory tab, in the
Confirmation fields, specify the new
- Click OK.
- Close the EAM Administration Tools window.
- Restart the Enterprise Access Management Security Services service.
Cause 3The EAM Controller is configured to use LDAPS but the environment uses LDAP.
In this situation, the following errors also appear in the wgss log files:
AdsiHandler.cpp :0715: [PING] : No new server found (0x81010009) AdsiHandler.cpp :0716: CAdsiHandler::Ping returned: 0x81020029 LdapBaseRequests.cpp :2761:[PING] Ping for domain O=EAM returned: 0x81020029 FrameworkServer.cpp :0202:Wait 5 secs for services to start...
Perform the following steps to configure the EAM Controller to use LDAP:
- Run regedit.exe
- Navigate to HKLM\Software\Enatel\Framework\WGDirectory.
- Edit the SSL key and change the value from 1 to 0.
- Restart the Enterprise Access Management Security Service service.