After deploying NES, a default group policy, Default Settings Set is configured with the following settings:
- Save enrollment data to the NES database only.
- Log a user out of the Nymi Band Application or the NES Administrator Console after 5 minutes of inactivity
- Always check for liveness during authentication.
- Do not allow users to use the Nymi Band to lock and unlock their user terminals.
To edit the default group policy, perform the following steps.
Connect to the NES Administrator Console in a browser by typing
depending on the NES configuration, where:
- nes_server is the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the NES host.
NES_service_name is the service mapping name for the
NES web application. The default
service mapping name is nes.
For example, https://nes.cwp.company.com/nes.Note: The service mapping name for NES is defined during deployment. Contact the person who performed the deployment to obtain the NES service mapping name value. Record the URL of ph conkeyref="prod_names/nes"/> in Appendix—Record the CWP Variables. You will use this URL to connect to the NES Administrator Console and require it during the CWP Backend deployment.
- On the Sign in window, type the credentials of a user that is a member of the NES Administrators group, and then click Sign In.
On the Main page, click Policies.
The Policies page appears. The following figure shows the Group Policy pane on the Policies page.Figure 1. Group Policies Pane
Select the policy that you want to change.
The Edit page appears.
- Modify the options, as required.
The following figure provides an example of the Edit Group Policy page for the Default Settings Policy.Figure 2. Edit Group Policy page