The Nymi Band can generate second factor authentication codes for services that require it. The following list of services are known to work with the Nymi Band, although other services likely work as well:
- Google (i.e. Gmail)
In general, follow these steps to set this up for any service:
- Follow the instructions provided by that service, treating the Nymi Band app as an “authenticator app”.
- The Nymi Band app will scan the provided QR code (or you can manually enter a key). Edit the account name in the Nymi Band app if you wish.
- Copy and paste the 6-digit code from the Nymi Band app to the service to finalize the setup. Done!
Due to popular demand, we have provided specific instructions to set up 2-Step Verification for Google Accounts below:
- Sign into your Google account on your computer and go to https://myaccount.google.com/security#signin
- Select “2-Step Verification” and select “Start setup”.
- Select “Authenticator app” as your second step, but NOTE that you will be using the Nymi Band app instead of Google’s Authenticator app. You will see a QR code to scan.
- Open the Nymi Band app to the Dashboard page, and tap the “+” button to activate the QR code scanner.
- Scan the QR code on your computer. Within a few seconds you should see codes being generated on the Nymi Band app Dashboard.
- On your computer, hit the “Next” button. You will be prompted to enter a verification code, which is the code generated by your Nymi Band app every 30 seconds.
- Enter the 6-digit code to complete the setup process. You are now done!