As a part of the Nymi Band EAP, you can use the Nymi Band to unlock your Windows 10 Pro PC using Windows Hello in Windows 10. This requires the latest Nymi Band, and downloading the Nymi Companion Device Application from the Windows application store. After registering your Nymi Band with the CDA you simply have to tap your Nymi Band twice to unlock your computer. This feature requires Windows 10 (anniversary update).
To see a demo video, click here.
If you are having trouble setting up the CDA, you can try a number of things:
- The Nymi Compaion Device Application (CDA) cannot work in parallel to the Nymi Bluetooth Service or Nymi Lock Control app. Please uninstall any version of Nymi Bluetooth Service or Nymi Lock Control.
- The Bluetooth Dongle Driver may need to be reinstalled after this, which can be found here.
- To run the CDA, ensure you have at least Windows 10 Anniversary edition (version 1607 or higher) installed on your system. Please update your computer otherwise by going to Windows Update Settings.
- A PIN logon is required to successfully register a companion device. Under your Windows Settings → “Sign-in options” you will see the options for setting a PIN. If the option to create a PIN is greyed out, under Windows Group Policy (run GPedit.msc) enable the following option:
Local Computer Policy → Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → System → Logon → “Turn on convenience PIN sign-in”
Once this is complete, you can return to “Sign-in options” to create a PIN. A restart may be required.
- If the CDA is still requesting for additional group policy settings, under Windows Group Policy, enable the following option:
Local Computer Policy → Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → Windows Component → Microsoft Secondary Authentication Factor → “Allow Companion device for secondary authentication”
Once this is complete, relaunch the CDA. A restart may be required.
For any other issues, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.