In order to access Kubernetes dashboard and Grafana UI from the computer, you must first install the Kubernetes client, then perform the following steps to install Prometheus and Grafana.
- Open a bash terminal and change directory to the deploy/kube/init folder.
Note: The directory will be under cwp/deploy/kube/init or cwpall 3/deploy/kube/init.
- Type ./install-prometheus.
Result: The script installs Prometheus and Grafana, and sets up port forwarding from localhost:8000 to the Prometheus-Grafana service.
- Open a browser and type http://localhost:8080.
Result: The Prometheus and Grafana log in screen appears.
- Specify the username admin with the password prom-operator.
- Set up access to Kubernetes Dashboard and Grafana UI on a client computer.
- Open a bash terminal and change to the init folder.
- Type ./start-proxy.
Result: The script starts the kubectl proxy and port forwarding to Grafana.
- Follow the prompts from the script for further instructions on accessing the Kubernetes Dashboard and Grafana UI.
- To stop access to Kubernetes Dashboard and Grafana UI on a client computer, type ./stop-proxy
Result: The kubectl proxy and port forwarding to Grafana stops.