Access Grafana through a web browser.
Before you begin: Ensure that Kubernetes Dashboard is enabled. Installing Prometheus and Grafana provides more information.
When you access Grafana, you are prompted to configure the dashboard for specific metrics to view.
- Launch the proxy by typing ./start-proxy -g <proxy-port>.
- Open a web browser and type on of the following URLs, depending on the deployment of Kubernetes.
- For bare-metal (on premise) Kubernetes, type http://localhost:8000
- For AWS Kubernetes, type http://localhost:8800
- When prompted to login, specify the username admin and the password prom-operator.
If prom-operator does not work, try admin.
- Configure the Grafana Dashboard by creating a new dashboard or importing a dashboard template. To import a dashboard (recommended), perform the following actions:
- Click the + icon in the side menu, and then click Import.
- Type one of the following dashboard IDs:
- To visualize all node data exported by Prometheus, type 1860.
- To visualize Kubernetes Deployment and StatefulSet metrics, type 8588.
- Click Load.
- Click Import.
- Repeat the process for the other ID. You will be able to view both dashboards.