Perform the following steps to concurrently update the firmware on multiple Nymi Bands.
- Download and extract the firmware package into a directory of your choice on a Windows computer.
For example, C:\Nymi_firmware.
- If the Windows machine has the Nymi Band Application or Nymi Runtime installed on it,
stop the Nymi Bluetooth Endpoint service.
- Plug the USB hub into an electrical outlet, and then into a USB port on the Windows machine.
- Put up to five Nymi Bands on charge. Plug each charging cable and up to five Bluetooth adapters
into the USB hub. Double-click the fw_updater_gold_v<version>.exe executable in the
Note: If you put a drained Nymi Band on charge, the charging icon appears, and the upgrade process starts when there is a sufficient battery charge on the Nymi Band.
On start up, the application scans the Bluetooth adapters on the USB hub for a Nymi Band that has a firmware version that is older than the version in the firmware package, or a Nymi Band with recovery firmware. A firmware transfer starts for each detected Nymi Band.
- The Nymi Band automatically restarts when the download completes, and then completes the
firmware update process. A brief SUCCESS message appears.
As each Nymi Band firmware update completes, take the completed Nymi Band off charge and plug in another Nymi Band that requires updating. The firmware update utility continues to scan for Nymi Bands that require an update.
- To stop the application, press Ctrl+C.
- If required, restart the Nymi Bluetooth Endpoint service before using the Nymi Band Application or an application that uses Nymi Runtime.