Nymi provides you with a firmware image that enables you to concurrently update the firmware on multiple Nymi Bands.
1. Download and extract the firmware package into a directory of your choice on a Windows computer. For example, C:\Nymi_firmware.
2. If the Windows machine has the Nymi Band application installed on it, stop the Nymi Bluetooth Endpoint service.
3. Plug the multi-port charging block into an electrical outlet, and then into a USB port on the Windows machine.
4. Plug in the Nymi Bands and up to five Bluetooth adapters into the charging block.
5. The firmware update process completes and the Nymi Band automatically restarts after the firmware upgrade.
6. To stop the application, press Ctrl+C.
7. After all updates are complete, restart the Nymi Bluetooth Endpoint service before using the Nymi Band application.
- To display additional help information, run the fw_updater_Gold_<version>.exe application with the --help argument.
- The fw_updater_Gold_<version>.exe application requires the Nymi Band to be in close proximity of the Bluetooth dongle(s) before the firmware update transfers to the Nymi Band. This range varies with the environment, and is approximately 6-18 inches. The default range is limited to avoid unintended updates of Nymi Bands. If an increased range is desired, run the fw_updater_Gold_<version>.exe application with the --rssi <value> argument, with <value> having a range of -50 to -100. A lower RSSI value (closer to -100) provides longer range. By default a value of -60 is used.